Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Alaska trip

Well this summer has been going by QUICK! I figured I should probably start posting things or else it will be impossible to catch up. Back in the middle of May we flew up to Alaska to see my family and to attend my younger brother Michael's High School Graduation. It was so good to see my family! Time is kind of a funny thing. I hadn't seen my family for a couple of years but of course I continued to have love for them. When I actually saw them and spent time with them my bond with them and my love for them grew. I did not realize that I was slowly growing distant from them as the time increased between visits even though I kept in touch with them over the phone. My family is amazing and I just can't help but smile and laugh when I think of them. What neat people! All of the pictures below were taken in Alaska.

Our little family
Brandon and Amy's family
I just love all of the mountains that are in Alaska. You see them any direction you look.

This is Laurie's husky. It is still a pup believe it or not. It was afraid to walk over the bridge so Alan had to carry it over mud and all.

Michael and Laurie still had to work some while we were there but they slipped away from work whenever they could to come play with us. Here we are hiking on their lunch break.

Michael's with his new love! Michael burst into tears when he saw our house on the ride home from the airport. He thought we were going back to Laurie's house and was devastated! All Michael wanted the whole time we were in Alaska was Laurie. Hopefully time will heal his wound! =)

Brett and Laurie let us take their four wheeler for a spin.
This view is from Laurie's front yard.

The whole family went out to eat right before Mike's Graduation.

Cute little Luke (my youngest brother) is sitting right next to my Mom in this picture.

I love this picture of my Dad with Michael. Michael hasn't stopped talking about Grandpa West ever since we got back. His most favorite thing to do is to try to make scary monster faces like Grandpa does. It is quite funny! I will have to try to get a picture of it sometime.
Here is my Mom with Weston. Doesn't Weston look like he is enjoying every minute of it.
Laurie and Brett (I promise he isn't as mean as he looks)
Kennedy (Amy's girl)
Allie (Katie's daughter)
Katie and Payton
(Momma's boy) Congrats Mike! We are so proud of you.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Wahoo Deb! Your trip sounds really great. Now I want to hear more. I am actually suprised I haven't asked you about it more before.

Jessica :) said...

Your boys are getting so big! It looks like you had a fun trip. I'm glad you were able to go visit your family.