Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alaska Trip!

Last month we had the opportunity to go visit my family in Alaska. It was so fun to spend some time up there with my family. I just love being around them. It is too bad that we live so far away from them. One of the first things we did while we were there was drive to Anchorage so that we could have a picnic lunch and take a walk along the ocean. It was really pretty and fun. Next to the trail they have a park so we let the boys play there for a little while before we had lunch. My camera ran out of batteries after the first picture I took so I didn't get any pictures of anyone else. My Mom and Sisters will have to send me some (hint, hint!). =)



Early Monday morning Alan and I went fishing with some guys from my parents ward. They have a fishing boat so they drove us a ways on the Deshka (?) river and knew exactly were to stop. They set us up right over a fishing hole and we were able to catch this 20 lb King Salmon. It was a small fish for Kings but I didn't care. I was just so excited to catch something! Alan also got a fish on his line but it got off his line after a couple of minutes of pulling it in. Next time I want to fish silvers because they come in in bigger groups and you are aloud to catch more then one.


This picture is taken in Denali National Park. The trails in the park were kind of boring so we decided to play along the river for a little while before our white water rafting trip started. Here Alan and Brett were trying to throw in a big rock. Brett almost feel in! I love it! Boys just make me laugh!




Here's Alan in his stud dry suit! You wear your clothes on underneath them and they are supposed to keep your cloths dry. Everyone was wet free except for me at the end. Mine had two leaks in it, one in each leg!



2 comments:

Mindy said...

Your trip looks like a blast! I have never been to Alaska, it looks gorgeous! I hope to go one day. Glad you guys had fun. Hope Michael is feeling better!

Karen said...

I'm glad you got to go see your family. I loved all your pics. It looked like a fun trip! And by the way... I wouldn't say that fish was small at all!!! It looks pretty darn big to me.