Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Continue of Alaska Trip

We wanted to go on a hike that Michael could go on with us. My sister Laurie suggested this one called Lazy Mountain. By the name of it I thought it sounded PERFECT! Ha, I guess you can't judge a mountain by it's name! It was 2 1/2 miles up with an elevation increase of 3,000 ft. Lets just say that it was like being on a stair stepper for 2 and a half hours straight and then you still have to go down the mountain. It was a lot of fun but also a HUGE eye opener of how out of shape I really am! Of course Laurie was skipping and singing the whole way up.




Alan and I had to turn around to go down the mountain about 100 yards before we reached the top of the mountain because of Little Michael. It was getting way too cold for him and he wasn't doing to good. Needless to say he caught a cold because of the trip. Eventually Michael feel asleep as we were coming down the mountain which helped a lot.





I had to include this picture because Michael's hair just looks so funny. With the way the light is hitting his hair it looks like he has a mo hawk!


This is a picture of everyone who went on the hike. The far left is Laurie and her husband Brett, Katie's husband Troy is in the middle and our little family is on the far right.
Alan also got the chance to go golfing late one night and use my Dad's chain saw to cut down a bunch of trees in my parent's yard (his idea). We played lots of games and just enjoyed everyone's company. I am so glad that we were able to go visit my family this summer. I wish I would of taken more pictures of everyone else but at least I have the fun memories! I sure love my family and I can't wait until we get to see them again. Thanks you guys for putting up with us. We sure did enjoy seeing all of you!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fun, Debbie! Looks like a very pretty area for a hike!