Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Still here and kicking!

Well for those of you who do not know yet I am pregnant! We are very excited about it, but for me the excitement went out the door when the nausea hit. I am 19 weeks along now (almost the half way mark!) and due October 6th. I get to find out what we are having this weekend so I guess I will have to make sure to write again soon. I haven't been able to get on the computer for the last several months because of how sick it would make me. It still makes me sick but not as bad so I thought I would try to update everything.

I love this picture! His smile makes me think of a little beaver. What a cute!


The beginning of February Me and Michael went out to Portland to help my sister-in-law/ good friend with her new baby. Eli and Michael really enjoyed each other's company for the first couple of days! After that they were both pretty done with being nice to each other.

Jessie and their new baby Alex. He was a BIG baby! I can't remember the exact weight but I believe he was 9 pounds and something ounces. Way to go Jess!


Michael woke up from his nap one day and insisted on wearing his hat and flip flops. His sandals were hurting his toes so bad but he would cry when I would try to take them off.


Okay so I kind of jumped the gun and made a baby girl blanket. I figure if it isn't a girl it's alright because we have a lot of baby boy blankets. Better be safe than sorry.... right?


Easter morning. This picture makes me laugh because Michael looks so innocent and cute in this picture and Alan looks like some scary guy that you wouldn't want to mess with. I promise he really is a nice guy.... most of the time! =)


Erik and Jessie came down here for Easter and General Conference. It was a lot of fun to have the company. We watched a lot of General conference, which was really good, and we had a little Easter Egg hunt in our front yard that had splotches of grass at the time. The grass still needs some help but it is looking a lot better now.



The next week Alan's parents stopped by our house for a couple of days. We went to one of the parks out next to the Colombia River and ate lunch, played croquet, and rode bikes. It was a lot of fun. We sure do love having family and friends come visit us. Hint, hint everyone! =)

Alan trying to climb one of the big trees at the park. Alan's Mom tried after him! We love you Annette! For those of you who do not know my mother-in-law she has the energy of ten oxen and could probably out do me any day.



So I have been going to a lot of yard sales lately. I find it really fun to find stuff you need or want for a cheap price. I get that part of me from my Mom. Love you Mom! Anyways these couches were one of our finds. They look pretty gross all dirty but look at the cushion that I have washed. I will have to show you a picture when I get it all cleaned. I am about half way done and have put a lot of hours into it. If anyone knows any tricks on how to clean upholstery I am all ears.



This is the shower in our master bathroom. It had a lot of mold issues so we tore all of the tile, Sheetrock and some of the lumber out. Alan has laid the new tile already and will be grouting it this weekend. I can't wait to show you a picture of the final results. He did an awesome job!

3 comments:

Tiffanie and John said...

Love the blanket Deb. It is so cute. I need to make one like that. No, I am not planning on another baby for a WHILE yet. Vlad keeps telling me to have more but I think I would go insane. My poor kids. Can't wait to hear what you are having. Keep up the good work. You are awesome.

Jessica :) said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is really exciting! I'm sorry you've been so sick. That morning sickness phase is so not fun. I hope it eases up for you soon! It's really fun to see an update. You'll have to let us know what you find out at your appointment!

Karen said...

I'm glad you finally updated! Congrats on being prego & I LOVE the blanket. It's way cute. You're so talented! :)